"Tom clearly loves what he does--helping people create their dream homes. What we wound up with was exactly what was promised. In fact, it far exceeded our expectations. I love the look on people's faces when they walk into our home for the first time."~ Nancy Sabo Jericho, VT
More About Tom Moore Builder, Inc.
Tom Moore and his team attend national woodworking, building, and remodeling shows and seminars and constantly keep up to date with the latest technology and products. The shop facility and job versatility of Tom Moore Builder Inc. is unmatched in our area. Our knowledge of what can be done in building, remodeling, cabinetry and furniture is forward-looking while at the same time based on generations of experience. Tom Moore's over 30-year history of building, remodeling, cabinetry, and project management allows him to bring the area's finest carpenters, woodworkers, subcontractors, and craftsmen to his projects.
Tom Moore is available for his clients in decisions involving details, changes, and any questions with their project. His main goal is to make sure the finished product is the best it can be. Tom Moore Builder Inc.'s extensive client history, on-going relationships and continuing repeat business tell the story. The company is a multi-award winning building/remodeling company and registered member of the National Association of Homebuilders and is a Certified Graduate Remodeler. Tom Moore is an active member of the Vermont Remodelers Council, where he formerly served as chair. He is involved with the Vermont Build Green Council and is a strong proponent of building energy efficient Vermont ENERGY STAR® Homes.
Much of our building, remodeling and detailed cabinetry is done on a cost-plus basis; however, we do some fixed-price jobs and offer fixed pricing for most furniture, cabinetry, and casework. We usually begin a project with a detailed estimate. The scope of work is defined with work categories and/or allowances for each, which builds the budget. There is overhead percentage and a profit percentage applied to the direct cost of work. Changes in scope or materials are made and implemented on the same cost-plus basis. We do charge for design work, detailed estimates, and project management. We offer a free one-time consultation at our office and a free price quote for most furniture and cabinetry.
Please take a few moments to enjoy our Photo Gallery. We welcome your inquiry, so please call us to discuss your plans.
Tom Moore Builder, Inc. is a twenty-one time "Better Homes" Award Winner 1998 - 2011, as presented by the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Northern Vermont.
- 2013 - Best Renovated Kitchen Cost Under $50,000
- 2012 - Innovation in Energy Saving Design and Features, presented by VEIC
- 2011 - Most Innovative Design/Build
- 2011 - Energy Efficiency Award
- 2009 Gold Award - Best Green Features in New Construction
- 2007 Honorable Mention - Luxury Home - $500,000 to $1,000,000
- 2006 Gold Award - Luxury Home - $500,000 to $1,000,000
- 2006 Gold Award - Best Kitchen
- 2006 Gold Award - Best Website
- 2002 Gold Award - Single Family Home under 2000 Square Feet - Upgraded Quality
- 2001 Bronze Award - Best Kitchen over $25,000
- 2000 Gold Award - Luxury Home over $1,000,000
- 2000 Bronze Award - Best Kitchen under $25,000
- 2000 Gold Award - Single Family Home under 2000 Square Feet - Upgraded Quality
- 2000 Silver Award - Residential Renovation $50,000 - $100,000
- 1999 Gold Award - Residential Renovation over $100,000
- 1999 Silver Award - Single Family, 2501-3000sq.ft. upgraded quality
- 1999 Silver Award - Single Family, over 3000sq. ft., cost under $500,000
- 1999 Silver Award - Best Kitchen, over $25,000
- 1999 Silver Award - Best Bath
- 1999 Bronze Award - Best Kitchen, under $25,000
- 1998 Silver Award - Residential Renovation over $25,000